Lakeview Community Schools - Board of Education Goals
Board Goal Area #1: Student Achievement: The Board of Education will support the development and implementation of district wide school improvement processes and educational practices resulting in 80% of Lakeview students scoring proficient on standardized tests.
- Lakeview Community Schools will increase test scores in
every subject area by 3% to 6% while staying above the state average in all subject areas at each grade level on the M-STEP, MME, and SAT annually.
- Every student will demonstrate academic growth as evidenced by our local data in EBLI and NWEA.
- Provide a curriculum that meets individual needs of students while utilizing vetted best instructional practices
Board Goal Area #2: Community Relations: Lakeview Community Schools will build positive and effective community relations.
- Lakeview Community Schools will increase parent and community involvement opportunities.
- Offer four or more parent events and activities at the building level.
- Explore/Expand partnerships with local business and communities within the district.
- Lakeview Community Schools will increase forms of communication between home and school.
- Increase avenues for student feedback/voice.
- Communicate school activities weekly.
- Lakeview Community Schools will increase parent and community opportunities for input on school related decisions.
- The Board will conduct a community survey by the end of April each year.
- The Board of Education will set up a meet and greet at the spring conferences to allow for parent contact and communication.
Board Goal Area #3: Fiscal Responsibility: Lakeview Community schools will maintain the financial integrity of our district while providing quality programs that meet or exceed the needs of all students.
- The school district seeks to maintain a minimum unassigned balance equivalent to 10% of the subsequent year’s budgeted expenditures and outgoing transfers. Strategies recommended to support ensure highest levels of fiscal responsibility include:
- Transparent, long range and student-centered budget planning that includes a balanced budget over three years.
- Consolidation and co-operative use of all services/facilities.
- Prioritizing funds in order to support the continued professional development of all staff.
Board Goal Area # 4: Specific to members of the Board of Education: The Lakeview Board of Education will hold itself to the highest standard possible out of respect to the school and community that we serve.
- The members of the Board will participate in education opportunities and workshops offered to them.
- The members of the Board will see themselves as contributing members of the education community.
- The Board will develop an orientation packet that will provide information to board members about the work and expectations of board members.
- All Board members take the CBA – 101 class.
- Board members attend at least 80% of the meetings held each year.
- Board members are able to communicate goals and missions of the District to the community.
- Board meetings operate in an efficient and effective manner.
- Board members speak with one voice.
- Board members are encouraged to continue taking classes toward CBA certification.