Parents Right To Know
Parents Do You Know You Have Rights?
Parents of children that attend Lakeview Community Schools are encouraged under the “Every Student Succeeds” Act (ESSA) to understand their rights in regards to school options for their children.
Lakeview Community Schools is pleased to collaborate with the federal guidelines by sharing these rights with the entire community, not just parents.
The following documentation and information can be accessed through Central Office or on the District website at www.lakeviewschools.net. Please send all requests in writing to Kyle Hamlin, Superintendent, Lakeview Community Schools, 123 Fifth Street, Lakeview, MI 48850.
* Parents have the right to request the qualifications of their child’s teacher and /or paraprofessionals.
* Parents have the right to review the district’s annual report to locate academic achievement data from each building and the district.
* Parents have the right to review the district excellence plan or building plans to locate information on district/building goals, strategies, and timelines.
* Parents have the right to attend any and all district or building school improvement meetings.
* Parents will be notified by the district after four weeks if their child’s teacher (in a Title I Building) has not yet met the definition of “highly qualified” and what the district is doing to assist the teacher in meeting that federal requirement.
* Parents have the right to request information about what the State and District are doing to help schools that are in program improvement.
* Parents have the right to request the information regarding school transfer options.
* Parents have the right to request information on supplemental service providers and options.
* Parents have the right to know: Lakeview Community Schools protects the rights of homeless children, youth, and families by assisting with school enrollment, transportation, student services, and educational programs.